This pimento cheese recipe is so easy to make and the taste is so fresh and flavorful that you will never buy those plastic tubs of pimento cheese again!
I use Duke’s Mayo for that amazing flavor and smoothness. Another homemade favorite recipe that uses Duke’s Mayo is Simple Coleslaw.
What Is Pimento Cheese Made From?
The ingredients in this pimento cheese recipe are pretty common. They include:
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Monterey Jack Cheese
Salt and Pepper
How to Make Homemade Pimento Cheese
Homemade pimento cheese is as easy as mixing ingredients in a bowl by hand and then mixing with a hand mixer until smooth. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Can You Freeze Pimento Cheese?
Yes, you can freeze pimento cheese for 3 months. Store in an airtight container or storage bag. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Stir and serve.
Pimento cheese is perfect for sandwiches, salads, and toppings for burgers. Stir in macaroni and cheese or grill it with a slice of ham. As an appetizer spread pimento cheese on small bread, crackers or serve with veggies or chips. It is a creamy spread that goes well with many dishes as an extra rich topping or add-in for flavor and texture.
Pimento Cheese Recipe
- 1 4 oz. jar pimentos (drain well)
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 16 oz cream cheese (cut into small chunks)
- ½ cup Duke's Mayo (more if needed for consistency)
- dash salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 TBLS jalapeno pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well with a large spatula or spoon.
- Use a hand mixer to blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled.