Easy Omellete Healthy Breakfast
Try my omellete recipe for a delicious, comforting, filling and healthy breakfast today and learn how to make a good omellete!
How to make a good omellete?
For my recipe on how to make a good omellete, you place all vegetables and meats in a nonstick skillet and sauté them for about 5 minutes until they are tender. This especially helps to wilt the vegetables like spinach. It also gives a nice blend of flavors and texture by cooking them for the short time. Next you add the whisked eggs (with or without milk). Cook for a few minutes and lift the side edge of the eggs a bit and let the uncooked eggs run under it in several places.
After the bottom has set and the eggs are firm on the bottom, but still uncooked on the top, you turn the it over to cook on the other side. After turning or flipping, place shredded cheese on top and let the bottom cook a few minutes. Take a spatula and be sure it is loose on the bottom. Let it slide halfway onto the serving plate and lift the skillet slightly to let the rest fold over the half on the plate guiding it with your spatula so it folds nicely.
How do you flip an easy omellete?
If you are learning how to make a good omellete, learning to turn the omellete is the key. There are several ways to flip an omellete. If you are using a small omelletepan, you can be sure the bottom is not sticking by shaking the pan back and forth. If it is sticking, use your spatula to loosen it. Next hold the pan with the end opposite the handle pointed down slightly, thrust it forward and upward in a backward circular motion. Give it enough lift so the contents rise and turn and you catch it in the pan. This takes some practice. You can practice with a grilled cheese to become a pro!
Or my favorite, especially if you are making a 4 or 5 egg omellete in a large skillet, is to slide it cooked side down onto a plate. Next take the plate and invert it (turn it over) about 6 inches above the skillet. Turn it in a quick motion by holding the plate in one hand and turning your hand quickly as though you are turning a key in a door lock twisting your wrist. It lands perfectly in the skillet and you just have to let it cook a couple of minutes then add cheese and serve it.
What do you put in an Omellete?
You can use any variety of vegetables, meat, and cheese, and it is easy to tailor it to your tastes and diet needs. You could also use only cheese to make a cheese omellete. I like to use whole eggs, tomatoes, spinach, bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, ham, turkey, turkey sausage, jalapenos and cheese.
You can learn how to make a good omellete by choosing what sounds good to you, or just use up bits of leftovers that you have in the refrigerator. You can also use egg beaters to substitute for the whole eggs, vegetarian or no-fat cheese, or omit the meat.
Do You Need To Add Milk To An Omelette?
When you are learning how to make a good omellete the question of adding milk or not always comes up. If you like your eggs fluffy, adding milk to them before whisking will make them fluffier. I don’t add milk to my eggs and it results in a firm texture for the eggs. You can experiment to see which way you like your eggs to taste.
See below for my omellete recipe. It is made in a large skillet with 4 or 5 eggs and I turned it by sliding it onto a plate and flipping it from the plate back into the skillet. Whatever ingredients you choose or however you decide to turn your omellete, I am sure you will enjoy it!
See this recipe on Christy Jordan’s Meal Plan Monday at Southern Plate.
Easy Omellete: How to Make an Omellete with Ham and Cheese
- 5 Eggs Eggs Use EB eggs for nutrition
- 1 TBLS Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Cup Spinach Fresh, Washed and Dried on Paper Towel
- 1/3 Cup Ham Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 3 TBLS Jalapenos From a jar, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Baby Bella Mushrooms Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese Any Shredded Cheese
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk. Set aside.5 Eggs Eggs
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10 or 12 inch non-stick skillet.1 TBLS Olive Oil
- Turn skillet on high heat.
- Add spinach, bell pepper, tomato, onion, jalapenos, and mushrooms. Stir constantly for about 4 minutes until spinach is wilted and onions are soft.1 Cup Spinach, 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper, 1/2 Cup Tomato, 1/2 Cup Onion, 3 TBLS Jalapenos, 1/3 Cup Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Add chopped ham and stir 1 minute.1/3 Cup Ham
- Turn heat to medium high and pour in whisked eggs.
- Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, lifting edge of eggs with spatula and letting the uncooked egg run under in several spots while tilting the pan.
- After the bottom has cooked and the eggs are still a little raw on top, slide omelette onto a large plate.
- Hold plate with one hand about six inches over the skillet handle and quickly turn your wrist to flip the omelette back into the skillet. Use a motion like you are turning a key in a lock.
- Place shredded cheese on entire omelette and let the bottom of the omelette cook for about a minute.1/2 Cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- When omelette is fully cooked, slide it onto a clean serving plate, folding it halfway and guiding with a spatula.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.