Chicken Rotel Spaghetti is Southern Comfort Food from the Deep South. It is easy to make and delicious to eat now and later! Sometimes I get a craving for creamy, cheesy pasta and chicken.
This dish is a wonderful blend since you use thin spaghetti it keeps the texture light. The tomatoes and green chilies add just the right kick without it being overwhelmingly spicy. The Velveeta cheese makes it so creamy. And the best part is this yummy dish seems to get better day after day as the flavors blend. That makes for some great lunches for the week.
See how easy it is to make one today. Enjoy the ultimate comfort food, Chicken Rot-el Spaghetti, today!
See this recipe on Christy Jordan’s Meal Plan Monday at Southern Plate.
Chicken Ro-Tel Spaghetti
- 1 lb. Velveeta Cheese
- 1 can Ro Tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles – Drained (drained)
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 16 oz. Package Thin Spaghetti
- 4 Chicken Breast, boneless (or Rotisserie Chicken)
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling water.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet and saute onions for 3 to 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add Velveeta to onions in skillet (I cut Velveeta into chunks) and stir constantly until almost melted.
- Turn heat to very low.
- Add 1 can of drained Ro-Tel tomatoes and about 4 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Add cooked, shredded chicken. (You can use rotisserie chicken).
- Add drained spaghetti.
- Turn heat to medium.
- Stir until heated and pour in a casserole dish. Serve and enjoy!