See how easy it is to make a key lime cake from box cake mix using Duncan Hines cake mix for the recipe. Mix up some homemade cream cheese frosting from scratch for a rich topping. Yum!
Key Lime Cake Ingredients: Box Cake Mix, Lime Jello, Oil, Orange Juice and Eggs
Two key ingredients in the recipe are Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix and lime Jello. You will also need oil, orange juice and 5 eggs. The cream cheese frosting has cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Allow an hour to prepare and bake the cake. After that it should cool before you frost it. For that special touch, add slices of lime to the top of the cake.
Mint Green and Gold Cake
To adapt the green key lime cake to go with a bridal shower cake, anniversary cake, birthday cake, or baby shower cake that needs to be mint green and gold, purchase edible gold leaves or edible gold flakes for designs for the occasion. Easy to do and elegant results!
Other Sweet Treats to Make
Key Lime Cake from Box Cake Mix
- 9X13 Pan
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 Box Lime Jello Small Box
- 1 1/2 Cup Oil Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese 8 oz. package
- 3/4 Stick Butter
- 3 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Mix all cake ingredients together for about 5 minutes until well blended and smooth .1 Box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix, 1 Box Lime Jello, 1 1/2 Cup Oil, 1/2 Cup Orange Juice, 5 Large Eggs
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 28 to 35 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely and top with frosting (instructions below).
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers for 3 days.
- Mix cream cheese and room temperature softened butter until creamy.1 8 oz. Cream Cheese, 3/4 Stick Butter
- Add one cup sifted confectioners' sugar at a time until mixed completely and smooth.3 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- Add vanilla flavoring and mix well.1/2 tsp Vanilla