Try this easy salmon patty recipe when you need a quick, hearty, inexpensive and delicious meal. Using 3 ingredients and a little oil is all it takes to make a tasty main dish in about 15 minutes!
Why is the Easy Salmon Patty Recipe the Perfect Main Dish?
This salmon recipe has 3 ingredients plus a little oil. Moreover, the meat of the ingredient is shelf stable – packaged or canned – and it is ready when you are. All it takes is one bowl for mixing it up and one pan to fry it in so the cleanup is a breeze. A huge plus is that the ingredients are inexpensive and common to find. As a bonus, it is easy to dress up with bell pepper and onions or your favorite spices so it never gets boring to prepare. The total cost is very inexpensive to make 4 patties.
What Ingredients are Used in this Recipe?
This recipe is a combination of salmon, eggs, and breadcrumbs. The salmon can be packaged, canned or even fresh. Some recipes use flour, cornmeal, or cracker crumbs. Salmon patties (also known as croquettes) are easily adaptable to the ingredients you have on hand.
Are Salmon Croquettes Easy to Prepare?
These delicious patties are pan fried on top of the stove in a little oil. They can also be baked in a 375° oven on an oiled cookie sheet and turned halfway through cooking. They will not be as crisp as pan frying, but have a delicious and hearty texture.
Salmon patties are one of the easiest recipes for cooks of all skill levels to prepare. A mixture of few ingredients and gentle pan frying for about 10 minutes leads to a successful dish everyone will love from our collection of Easy Recipes for the Simple Cook – Food and Life Path
Side Dishes to Try
Purple Hull Peas in the Instant Pot
Thanks for stopping by Food and Life Path!
- 2 5 oz. pkg of salmon (or one 14.5 ounce canned salmon)
- 2 eggs (can use 1 if large or jumbo egg)
- ½ to 1 cup breadcrumbs (I use plain, but you could use seasoned)
- 3 Tbls. oil (I use olive oil)
- Open packages of salmon and empty into a medium sized mixing bowl. If you are using canned salmon, drain it first.
- Crack 2 eggs into the same bowl with the salmon. If you are using large or jumbo eggs, 1 egg will be enough. Stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup breadcrumbs. You want the patties to be fairly firm so start with 1/2 cup and add more as needed so they will be firm enough to hold their shape.
- Use your hands to combine all the ingredients well and shape into 4 patties. Place on a plate.
- Heat 3 Tbls oil in a nonstick skillet. Add salmon patties and cook on medium high heat for 10 minutes – flipping them over every couple of minutes.
- They will be a golden brown color when done.
- Remove and serve immediately.