Baked salmon is delicious when it is topped with something extraordinary and flavorful. A perfect side to go with it is black beans made by seasoning a can of black beans with a few spices.
This recipe combines healthy baked salmon with an easy pineapple salsa that is made with canned pineapple chunks, fresh bell peppers, red onion and tomatoes. Restaurant worthy recipe in less than 30 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my affiliation policy here.
Why This Recipe is So Good
Quick – Ready in about 30 minutes including salsa preparation.
Easy – Mix Pineapple Salsa and let it chill while salmon bakes in the oven. See our separate pineapple salsa recipe for topping directions.
Delicious and Fresh – Fresh baked and Fresh Ingredients in pineapple salsa topping.
Looking for other fish recipes? Check out How to Grill Tilapia Indoors: an easy recipe for preparing fish on your indoor grill such as a George Foreman grill or Cuisinart Griddle.
Rainbow Trout is another delicious pan fried fish recipe that is so quick and easy to prepare.
What You’ll Need to Bake Fish
Ingredients – Salmon Fillets (Fresh or Frozen), Cajun Season, Pineapple Salsa (click for separate recipe for the salsa – baking instructions for salmon in recipe card below)
Equipment – Oven and a cookie sheet.
How to Bake Salmon
Place salmon skin side down on a cookie sheet. Bake in oven at 375° for 10 to 14 minutes. Check for doneness close to the end of the cooking time to be sure and not overcook. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork. See recipe card below for full seasoning and baking instructions.
Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning (such as Red Lobster seafood seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly wipe cookie sheet with 1 tbls olive oil using a paper towel to coat surface.
- Place salmon fillet skin side down on cookie sheet. Sprinkle top with a cajun seafood seasoning such as Red Lobster original seasoning.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes depending on thickness of fillet. Check at 10 minutes and add additional minutes as needed. Fish should flake with a fork when done. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with pineapple salsa. Recipe link in article above.
Food and Life Path11/03/2022 at 8:06 pm
Salmon with Pineapple Salsa – just like what we ate at a local seafood restaurant. Served it with black beans (in a cute little bowl, of course) and wild rice and it was delicious! Best part was that dinner was ready in 30 minutes!