Combine canned pineapple chunks, fresh bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes and a little seasoning for the perfect topping for fish. Let it chill in the refrigerator while you cook the fish. Whether you bake fish, sauté or grill it, this simple chilled salsa makes it delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. Read my affiliation policy here.
Why This Recipe is So Good
Quick – Ready to serve chilled in 20 minutes.
Easy – Chop veggies, combine with canned pineapple chunks and a little seasoning. Stir and chill.
Delicious – The combination of ingredients makes a flavorful topping for any fish.
See how easy it is to bake salmon. Our recipe guides you step by step.
What You’ll Need to Make It
Ingredients – Fresh Green and Yellow Bell Peppers, Red Onion, Tomato, Canned Pineapple, Red Pepper Seasoning
Equipment – Knife for chopping vegetables and a bowl to mix it in.
Mango is a good additional fruit to add to the salsa.
Other seasonings include cayenne pepper, garlic, lime, parsley or cilantro.
Be sure to prepare and refrigerate before serving. It gives the salsa time for the flavors to blend.
Refrigerate leftovers. It’s delicious and already made ahead for another fish topping, salad, rice or protein bowl topping or for fish tacos.
Make salsa up to a day ahead.
Pineapple Salsa for Salmon or other Fish
- ½ cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup red onion (chopped)
- ½ cup tomato (chopped)
- ½ cup canned pineapple chunks with a little juice
- ⅛ tsp red pepper
- Chop all vegetables into small cubes. Place in a medium size bowl.
- Add canned pineapple.
- Mix well and season with a few shakes of red pepper. (About 1/8 tsp)
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Serve as a topping on baked salmon or other fish or as a filling for fish tacos.
Food and Life Path11/03/2022 at 6:50 pm
Simple salsa to make and really adds flavor to plain fish!