Learn how to make the perfect omelette on your Blackstone Griddle or any flat top griddle. Choose ingredients that you like for fillings. The large flat top surface is perfect to cook a large omelette that will serve 2 people. If you prefer a thin omelette just make 2 Omelettes using half the eggs on each. The large griddle surface is big enough to handle several Omelettes and everyone can have theirs custom made to what they like!
Veggies – Your choice of spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions or any of your favorites. Add some jalapeno for spice. Little bits of leftovers are great in an omelet!
Meat – Cooked sausage, ham, and bacon. Have leftover pork or steak? Use them up in the omelette and they are delicious!
Cheese – Shredded cheddar: mild or sharp; Mexican mix cheese; Colby. Your favorite or what’s in the refrigerator.
Sauce – Not required, but a mild or spicy salsa or even ketchup is tasty!
How to Cook an Omelette on the Blackstone
Preheat griddle and cook on medium heat.
Drizzle oil to sauté veggies first.
Next add cooked meat then eggs.
Add shredded cheese. Fold omelette in half and serve.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers (or planned overs for make ahead meals) let the omelette cool and put in a storage container or Ziploc bag. Remove air from bag for freshness. Omelettes will keep in the refrigerator for several days. Reheat in the microwave until hot.
Want to cook an omelette in a skillet on the stove? Check out our recipe How to Make an Omelette. There are directions for flipping the omelette and making it easy.
- 1 cup raw spinach (washed, and torn into small pieces if leaves are large)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup cooked sausage (cut into small pieces)
- ¼ cup jalapenos (optional)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup olive oil (enough to drizzle and cook veggies in)
- 4 eggs whisked
- Heat Blackstone Griddle to medium heat.
- Drizzle olive oil on flat top surface.
- Add veggies – spinach, onion, jalapenos and any of your favorites.
- Saute until spinach is wilted.
- Add chopped cooked sausage or any cooked breakfast meat like ham or bacon.
- Stir about a minute until blended.
- Pour eggs over mixture. Do not stir except to gently arrange ingredients evenly.
- Close lid and cook about 2 minutes. Open lid. If you don't have a lid, use a cover. If you don't have a cover cook open and then flip with spatula to cook other side.
- Place shredded cheese on top.
- Fold omelette in half. Let cheese melt for about a minute then serve.