If you are looking for a different dinner idea, try this recipe for easy to make Nacho Bell Peppers for dinner tonight! Simple to make and easy to clean up!
I like to get ground beef from Sam’s Club, divide it up, and then freeze it. The packages are normally 5 pounds or so, and I split them into four Ziploc bags. Most of the time I use just over a pound of ground beef when I cook with it. The nacho bell peppers took about 1.25 pounds of the ground beef.
How to Make Nacho Bell Peppers
First, wash the bell peppers and pat dry. Cut the bell peppers into fourths cleaning out the insides and seeds. Put them on parchment paper on a baking pan. Cook the ground beef on the stovetop and drain it. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt and salsa. Add enough salsa to make the mixture moist, not runny. I took a regular spoon to transfer the meat mixture onto the bell peppers.
Cook at 375 degrees for 15 mins, sprinkle the cheese on and place it back in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts. I used shredded cheddar and shredded mozzarella cheese. Three of the peppers were a little softer, and one was still crunchy since it was thicker.
We topped ours with sour cream because that’s all we had on hand. Next time I would like to try avocado and tomatoes, too! I thought we would have leftovers but my husband liked them so much there were none. This was a quick and easy recipe. Clean up was easy using the parchment paper on the pan.
Yes. Green, yellow and red work fine for this recipe.
Shredded cheddar, mozzarella, Mexican cheese, and Monterey Jack work well.
Yes. Place in a freezer safe container or storage bag. Thaw before reheating in the oven at 350° for about 10 minutes or until hot.
Other Recipes for Dinner Ideas
Nacho Bell Peppers
- 1.25 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheese mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar
- Wash and slice bell peppers into fourths (cutting from stem to bottom), removing stem, seeds and inner flesh.
- Place cut peppers on parchment paper on a baking pan.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet until brown, drain.
- Mix seasonings, salsa and cooked ground beef together.
- Spoon mixture into each cut bell pepper.
- Place in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese melts.
- Optional Toppings: Green onion, jalapeno, sour cream, avocado, tomato
Food and Life Path07/07/2017 at 9:53 pm