How to cook quesadilla the easy way? As an example this quesadilla recipe shows how easy it is to firstly lay the tortillas flat, add ingredients with lots of cheese and cook it on a griddle or stovetop skillet in less than 15 minutes.
As a result of using cooked ingredients (rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded chicken works great!) to make the quesadilla, you can use a Cuisinart griddle, Blackstone Griddle, other griddle or a skillet to prepare it in just a few minutes.
Therefore the final product is a crispy outside with tender chicken, veggies and melted cheese, and the inside is perfect for dunking in your favorite sauce.
How to Cook Quesadilla – Ingredients
Being that quesadillas are flexible as far as ingredients go, they are a great way to use whatever ingredients you have available.
For instance, I made this one with shredded chicken, spinach, a mixture of onions, tomatoes and bell peppers and Swiss cheese.
In addition for the final dish you can use salsa or ranch dressing for an easy dip or topping.
Instructions for How to Cook Quesadilla
Firstly, lightly grease Cuisinart griddle or other griddle with olive oil or cooking spray. Similarly you can use a nonstick skillet if you don’t have a griddle. To begin with set to medium high heat.
How to Assemble Quesadilla Before Cooking
After that place flour tortilla on a plate.
Following that add cooked chicken (or your choice of cooked meat) and raw vegetables on top of 1/2 of the tortilla.
Thirdly, sprinkle with a generous amount of shredded cheese.
Last fold tortilla over in half.
How to Cook Quesadilla on a Griddle or Skillet
Next gently lift tortilla and mixture with a large spatula and place on the preheated griddle. Close cover and cook for about 5 or 6 minutes.
The final appearance is golden brown grill marks.
In like manner repeat with remaining quesadilla.
If you use a skillet, cook for about 3 minutes on one side and flip it over. Cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
Depending on how hot your griddle or skillet is, you can adjust the timing.
Cook it long enough to melt the cheese and heat the ingredients.
Just check it after a few minutes to see how fast it is cooking.
Serve with salsa, ranch dressing, or your favorite picante sauce.
Additionally top with jalapenos, banana peppers, guacamole or pico de gallo.
Want to make authentic pico de gallo? Check out this recipe for Authentic Pico de Gallo Recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen.
Cut quesadilla into wedges like pizza slices for an easy handheld serving. It is easy to dip the wedge in whatever sauce you like.
Wrap individual wedges in aluminum foil for serving on a picnic or at the ballpark.
Leftover quesadillas reheat in the microwave or toaster oven and make a great second meal!
Quesadillas on Griddle
Other Griddle Recipes
Meatball Subs – Handheld Delicious!
Chicken Swiss Philly – Mouthwatering
They can be one folded in half with the ingredients inside the semi-circle. They can also be two tortillas with the filling sandwiched inside.
Both are delicious, but using one tortilla folded in half is easier to flip while cooking since it is smaller.
Flour tortillas make the best quesadillas. They have a softer texture that cooks to a crisp outside and tender inside.
Corn tortillas do not have the same texture and the flavor is not as mild as a flour tortilla.
Make sure there’s plenty of cheese in the filling. As the cheese melts, press down with a spatula on the outside of the quesadilla.
The cheese provides the melting texture that holds the quesadilla together. If there’s plenty of cheese the edges are held together by the melted cheese while cooking.
How to Cook Quesadilla
- 2 Tortillas Large, Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken (Can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup Raw Spinach (washed)
- 1 cup Chopped tomaotes, onions, bell pepper (any variety, can use pre-cut from store)
- 2 cups Cheese (Swiss or your favorite)
- Lightly grease Cuisinart griddle or other griddle with olive oil or cooking spray. You can use a nonstick skillet if you don't have a griddle. Set to medium high heat.
- Place flour tortilla on a plate.
- Place cooked chicken (or your choice of cooked meat) and raw vegetables and cheese on top of 1/2 of the tortilla. Fold over.
- Gently lift tortilla and mixture with a large spatula and place on the preheated griddle. Close cover and cook for about 5 or 6 minutes. It is done when the grill marks are light brown.
- Repeat with remaining quesadilla.
- If you use a skillet, cook for about 3 minutes on one side and flip it over. Cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- Depending on how hot your griddle or skillet is, you can adjust the timing. It should be heated long enough to melt the cheese and heat the ingredients, but not too long that it burns. Just check it after a few minutes to see how fast it is cooking.
- Serve with salsa, ranch dressing, or your favorite sauce.