Air Fryer Asparagus
Air fryer asparagus is a perfect recipe for cooking a delicious side dish in less than 10 minutes. It has a simple and delicious flavor that goes well with everything from casseroles to chicken and steak. Try it with our Pork Tenderloin Recipe that is easy to cook in your Instant Pot. Or make it a duo with Chicken Tetrazzini. Dinner will be ready in a flash!
Using the air fryer to cook is a super timesaver. Plus the kitchen stays cool and everything tastes so much better in the air fryer than oven baking, not to mention using a lot less oil and still delivering a rich flavorful taste! Try a few of our favorite air fryer recipes like Pillsbury Orange Rolls or for an easy bread to go along with your favorite steak, chicken or other main dish try Frozen Texas Toast in the Air Fryer and see if you agree!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Asparagus
You will need fresh asparagus, olive oil and sea salt for a perfect dish. To change things up you can use optional toppings:
- Parmesan Cheese – Sprinkle on top of asparagus before baking.
- Ranch Dressing Mix – Sprinkle on top for a different taste that is delicious.
- Fully Cooked Bacon Strips or Bacon Bits – Use for added flavor about 3 minutes before final cooking time. The bacon is already cooked so it just takes a few minutes to heat and blend with the asparagus.
How to Cook Asparagus In the Air Fryer
- Wash fresh asparagus under cool running water. Pat dry. Trim the ends (the bottom not the leafy part at the top) and discard. You can snap them off if the stalks are tender.
- Lay stalks in air fryer basket in a single layer and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Just a quick zig zag drizzle will be enough. You can also use a pastry brush to apply the oil instead of drizzling it.
- Sprinkle sea salt. If you would like alternate seasonings, try parmesan cheese, ranch dressing mix from a packet, garlic or seasoning salt.
- Set air fryer to 400°F and cook for 7 minutes until the tips are slightly crisp.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Trim Air Fryer Asparagus Before Cooking
- Rinse fresh asparagus spears under cool running water in the sink.
- Snap or cut the tough, bottom section and discard.
- Prepare seasoning and air fry!
How to Store Air Fryer Asparagus
To refrigerate leftovers, let asparagus cool and place in a plastic storage bag and remove the air before sealing. You can also use an airtight storage container. It will keep for 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, air fry for a few minutes and serve hot.
To freeze leftovers, place cooled asparagus in a storage bag and remove air. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or for a few minutes under cool running water. To reheat, air fry for a few minutes and serve hot.
Air Fryer Recipes for Breakfast Ideas
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls – Bakes in 8 Minutes for a hot delicious roll with sweet creamy icing oozing down the sides. Yum!
Air Fryer Donuts – Check out our Pinterest Page for these made from canned biscuits and coated with cinnamon and sugar. Fun to make and delicious to eat!
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus (fresh)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Cut ends of asparagus off and discard. Wash remaining stems and pat dry.
- Lay asparagus in a single layer in air fryer basket.
- Drizzle olive oil lightly across stems in a zig zag motion.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Air fry asparagus at 400°F for 7 minutes or until they are lightly crispy.
- Optional toppings to sprinkle on top of asparagus before cooking: 1 Tbls parmesan cheese, 1 Tbls dry ranch dressing mix, or 1 Tbls garlic powder. You can also add bacon (precooked) or bacon bits for a different flavor.