Almond butter cookies are a delicious twist on the traditional peanut butter cookie and they contain no flour. This nut butter recipe is gluten-free, dairy free and egg free. They are super easy to prepare and bake and smell amazing while they are baking. However the most satisfying moment is popping a warm fresh cookie in your mouth and savoring the experience. Enjoy!
How to Make
This is an easy recipe to mix in a bowl and bake on a cookie sheet in the oven. Start by soaking flaxseeds for 5 minutes while you assemble the other ingredients. Add all ingredients except almonds to a mixing bowl and combine. Roll dough into small balls, top with almond slices and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. See complete recipe instructions below.
My favorite is Barney Butter. It is smooth, no stir, non-GMO, paleo and keto friendly.
No, they are delicious with or without them. However flaxseeds have a lot of health benefits because they have omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, high in potent antioxidants, and are good for your heart!
Yes, the baked cookies or raw dough can be frozen for 3 months.
These melt in your mouth and have a sweet almond flavor, slightly crisp and crumbl cookie edges.
- Be sure almond butter is at room temperature. If it is refrigerated it is too hard to work with.
- Add a little water if needed to mixture to be able to work with it and shape the balls. Add a drop or two at a time.
- Can line cookie sheet with parchment paper for perfect cookie baking!
- Let cool before removing from cookie sheet. They are very delicate right out of the oven and this gives them time to set.
- Use a very thin spatula to remove cookies from cookie sheet.
- Snacks or Dessert – Great for after school or road trips.
- Wedding Showers or Baby Showers
- Picnic and Potluck Dinners
- Office Parties or Meetings
- Teacher Gifts – Put a few in a plastic bag and tie with a colorful ribbon.
- Christmas Cookie Swap – A great variation to add to the mix.
- Valentine’s – Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Heart Healthy!
- Camping – Make ahead or take dough and cook in an RV oven.
You might also like to try our pecan puff recipe.
Almond Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small bowl mix flaxseeds with water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, brown sugar, baking soda, vanilla, salt, soaked flaxseeds, and pumpkin pie spice. Use a hand mixer to blend thoroughly. It will be very stiff while combining. I mixed it on medium speed. Turn off mixer and scrape the beaters so that all of the cookie dough is in the bowl. Use your hands to form a large round ball making sure everything is combined.
- Pinch off 3/4 inch balls and roll them slightly in your hands.
- Place cookie dough balls 1 1/2 inches apart on a cookie sheet that you lined with parchment paper.
- You can top with sliced almonds if you wish.
- Do not press balls flat. They flatten as they bake.
- Bake until lightly golden for about 11 or 12 minutes. Keep an eye on them so you don’t let them overcook since ovens vary somewhat. It could take a few minutes more or less, but mine were done perfectly in 11 minutes.
- Remove with a very flat metal or silicon spatula to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with any remaining cookie dough. For a whole recipe you may need to make 2 batches depending on your cookie sheet size and oven size.
- Keep in a storage container for up to a week.